This section provides a set of recipes that show you how to accomplish specific tasks using Umpire. The main focus is things that can be done by composing different parts of Umpire to achieve a particular use case.
Examples include being able to grow and shrink a pool, constructing Allocators that have introspection disabled for improved performance, and applying CUDA “memory advise” to all the allocations in a particular pool.
- Growing and Shrinking a Pool
- Disable Introspection
- Apply Memory Advice to a Pool
- Apply Memory Advice with a Specific Device ID
- Moving Host Data to Managed Memory
- Improving DynamicPool Performance with a Coalesce Heuristic
- Move Allocations Between NUMA Nodes
- Determining the Largest Block of Available Memory in Pool
- Coalescing Pool Memory
- Building a Pinned Memory Pool in FORTRAN
- Visualizing Allocators
- Mixed Pool Creation and Algorithm Basics
- Thread Safe Allocator